Those who favour bike rides out of town will appreciate this 30 km (19 mi) voyage to Alexander Park in the town of Pushkin.
- Shushary Settlement
- Pushkin, Dvortsovaya Ulitsalitsa, 2
- adults - 700 rub.; children under 16 years old - free of charge; pensioners, students from 16 years, cadets, military personnel - 350 rub.
- 7 (812) 465 20 24, 7 (812) 465 94 24
The Catherine Palace stands amid a magnificent park, named Catherine Park. It is of two parts. One is a landscaped English Park. They say that the other, the rectilinear Old Park, was founded by Peter I himself, who had some Dutch landscape designers at his command. Catherine II patronized the landscaped part, the English Park. Statues were erected here commemorating the Russian Empress’ achievements. It is easy to lose one’s way amid the many buildings in the Catherine Park. Among the must-sees are the Cameron Gallery with its sculpture collection, the Upper Bath, the Hermitage and Hermitage Kitchen Pavilions, and the Marble Bridge.
The monument is located on the Victory Square (Ploschad Pobedy). It was opened May 9, 1975, celebrating the 30th anniversary of the victory in the Great Patriotic War (the eastern front of World War II). The memorial hall has a unique selection of documents and personal effects of the defenders of the city.
- Ploschad Pobedy
- st. Moskovskaya
- adults - 210 rub., students, pensioners - 100 rub.
- 7 (812) 371 29 51, 7 (812) 373 65 63