The park, named after the first cosmonaut, Yuri Gagarin, was opened in 1976.
The total area of the park is 34 hectares. It is located in the Promyshlenny (Industrial) District of Samara at the intersection of the Moskovskoye Shosse and Ulitsa (streets) 22 Partsyezda, Stara-Zagora, Soveytskoy Armii. Earlier the region was the town’s outskirts, today it’s the geographical center of the city.
Partly because of this, Gagarin Park is one of the most visited. Park is partly occupied by an amusement area. Other lndmarks include a lake with swans and a canal on which you can ride a boat with an electric motor or on a children's boat. There’s a kart racing track, sports and children's playgrounds with proper equipment, and in winter there is a skating rink.
There are three monuments in the park. One of them is dedicated to the victims of political repressions of the 1930s and 40s, and is installed on the site of one of the mass graves. Nine in total were found on the territory of their park. Another monument is dedicated to the victims of the 1986 Chernobyl catastrophe. In 2011, in honor of the 50th anniversary of the first human flight into space, a bust of Yuri Gagarin was installed in the park.
- Intersection of Moskovskoye Shosse and Ulitsa 22 Partsyezda, Stara-Zagora, Soveytskoy Armii
- +7 (937) 985 73 04
This is the oldest park in Samara. Once upon a time here, near the embankment of the Volga River, there was a forest that belonged to the manager of the Iletsky salt fisheries Grigory Strukov. In the 1820s he built a homestead on these lands and started a garden. A few years later the facility where Strukov worked moved to Sol-Iletsk, and the garden was abandoned. By 1849 the territory was renovated and officially opened as the city garden. In the park there were various city celebrations, famous guests walked across it, including emperors Alexander I and Alexander II. In the Strukovsky garden there once were a bowling alley, shopping pavilions, a summer stage and a cinema. In the middle of the 20th century, the territory was reconstructed and renamed the Maxim Gorky Park of Culture and Recreation.
Now the park was returned its historical name. This is a place for leisurely walks, traditional city events such as the Press Day and the Flower Festival are held here. At the entrance to the garden there is a small fountain, and in the park itself there is a monument to Maxim Gorky and the grotto on which stands a goat - the symbol of Samara. Strukovsky Garden also has a skate park and a summer concert and movie hall.
The name of the park, founded in 1977, speaks for itself. On its territory are several monuments commemorating of the Great Patriotic War. This is a memorial complex for the Heroes of the USSR, memorial to the participants of the Great Patriotic War, monument to the participants of the Victory Day parade held in Moscow in 1945, the Eternal Flame, as well as a monument to young prisoners of fascist concentration camps. In the spring of 2010, military equipment was transported here from Gagarin Park - two howitzers, an armored personnel carrier and one of the most famous tanks of the Second World War - the T-34. Victory Park is a good place for a walk: there are fountains, a linden alley, playgrounds, summer cafes and a Ferris wheel.
- Ulitsa Aerodromnaya, 90
- st. Sportivnaya
- +7 (846) 262 71 70
The park was opened in 1932 on the site of a former merchant's estate. At the time its location was far enough from the city, hence it was named Zagorodny (translated as beyond the city limits).
Today the Central Park of Culture and Leisure named after Maxim Gorky (the official name of the park) is located in the central part of Samara. It is a local natural reserve with perennial oaks, rare plants and birds. In summer you can feed squirrels, ride Soviet-era attractions and horses, enjoy a movie in an open-air cinema or just sit in one of the summer cafes.Since 2012, every summer a sandy beach opens on the bank of the Volga here in Zagorodny Park. There is also a rope park. In winter, you can run on skis or enjoy tubing at the ice slide.
- Ulitsa Novo-Sadovaya, 150
The Botanical Garden was opened in August 1932 in the territory of the former country house of the merchant Vasily Borshchev, who was known for his passion: breeding of rare species of trees. Since 1977, the Samara Botanical Garden has the status of a state natural reserve, and since 1995 it’s been designated as a specially protected natural area. The Botanical Garden has a collection of three thousand plant species, almost a thousand of them are bushes and trees. Moreover, it is the only institution in the Samara region which conducts preservation of the gene pool in artificial conditions. Here you can admire the rare plants listed in the Red Book (Russian database of endangered species), watch wild ducks, feed squirrels or just enjoy nature. The main attraction of the garden is a large greenhouse, where bloom and fructify figs, pomegranate, coffee, avocado, guava, murraya, lemon, feijoa and many other exotic plants.
- Moskovskoye Shosse, 36
- from 100 rub.
- +7 (846) 222 92 38, +7 (846) 222 92 41
In 1943 on the site of the All Saints Cemetery, where, among many residents were buried the mother of writer Aleksey Tolstoy and singer Feodor Chaliapin, a park was opened. It was named in honor of Civil War hero Nikolay Shchors, also buried here. In 1953 the park took another name, Detskiy (Children’s). At the entrance guests are met by sculptures – characters from Soviet cartoons. The park offers amusements and rise, kids can ride electric cars, jump on a trampoline or catch fish from an inflatable improvised lake. In addition, there are several playgrounds in the park.
The park was opened in the 1950s. Today it has entertainment for every taste and age. For the youngest there is a special playing area with a safe surface, electric cars, trampoline. For fans of outdoor activities there is a sports ground for football and basketball, and an equestrian club as well. Fans of the extreme will be interested in the only roller coaster in Samara. In winter, an ice rink is created in the park, along with an ice slide.
The official name of the park is “Park named after the 50th anniversary of the October Revolution”. It was founded in 1968 to provide leisure to the residents of adjacent buildings, most of which worked at the Kuibyshev Metallurgical Plant, which is why the area was nicknamed the Metallurgists' Park. Its main attraction is the artificial lake with ducks and swans; in the middle of it is a fountain called The Swan Princess. You can go boating on this lake. The park also has amusements and rides, a cafe, and horse riding. And if you walk along the alley of Labor Glory that adjoins the park, you can get to the triumphal arch, erected in 2015 in honor of the 70th anniversary of the victory in the Great Patriotic War. Not far from the park is the Metallurg stadium - the home arena of the Samara football team FC Krylia Sovetov.
- Tashkentskiy Pereulok, 39
- +7 (927) 712 78 85
The Samarans have a saying: "The Volga bank is a precious rim of the city." The embankment is one of the postcards of Samara, a favorite vacation spot for both locals and visitors. Until the 1930s, the Volga coast remained unsettled, there were warehouses, stables, sawmills and other industrial buildings. Landscaping began in 1940, and today the embankment consists of four lines with a total length of about five kilometers - from the River Station (where, by the way, you can buy souvenirs from Samara) to the Silicate Ravine. In 2011, a large-scale reconstruction of the embankment began, which is expected to be completed for the World Cup.
One of the main attractions of the embankment is the Ladya spire, installed in 1986, commemorating the 400th anniversary of the city. The 20-meter concrete construction made in the form of a sailboat became one of the symbols of Samara. In 2011, a "singing" fountain was opened near the CSK VVS pool after reconstruction, and in 2014 a monument to the founder and first governor of Samara, Prince Grigory Zasekin was erected on the Polevoy Descent of the embankment.
The second line of the waterfront is particularly popular among those who value a healthy lifestyle. There are mini-playgrounds for playing football and basketball, bicycle paths, rentals of roller skates and bicycles, and in winter there is a skating rink. In the summer of 2010 at the stadium near the Volga under the Pervomayskiy Descent there was held the beach football Cup of Russia, which was won by the Samara team Krylia Sovetov.
- From River Station to до Silica Ravine