City Pond Dam on the Iset River

wikipedia.org/Vladislav Falshivomonetchik
The Sevastyanov's House is located at the intersection of the Iset River and the city's main transport artery, Prospekt Lenina (Lenina Avenue). The two banks of the Iset River are joined by the city dam – Plotinka, as the locals call it. All the city's major celebrations take place at Plotinka.

It was here that the history of Ekaterinburg began in 1723 with the construction of the ironworks. Today this is known as Istorichesky pocket park. From 1725 until 1876 this was also the location of the Ekaterinburg Mint that minted copper coins, seals, medals and tokens.