The first house commune was built in Sverdlovsk in 1928 based on the project of Vladimir Dubrovin. On the first floor there were sales and public premises, a bit higher were located the communal premises, while the regular apartments were located on the last two floors. In the house, there was a kindergarten, a post office, and some shops. Dubrovin made a project of a sports hall, but it was not built.
Very few balconies, big windows and glassed-in stair case decorate the ascetic façade of the building. Currently this house, located on ulitsa Vainera, has the status of an object of cultural heritage.