In mid-1920s several important for the state industrial enterprises worked in Sverdlovsk. The control over them was taken by the National commissariat for internal affairs (NKVD). A comfortable residential complex was built for them in the city downtown area.
The complex of buildings is characterized by architecture unity, which is created by the great number of colors, the similar corner windows and staircases, windows and balconies. The KGC servicemen village is an embodiment of the idea of architects to create a new city environment, where the residents could be provided with everything needed – the Soviet professionals in their own way tried to use the concept of a home as a “living machine”.
- Prospekt Lenina, 69, buliding 1
- st. Ploschad' 1905 goda