The white tower is one of the many sights in the region of Uralmash and the symbol of Soviet avant-garde in Ekaterinburg. It was built based on the project of the architect Moisey Reisher. The work began in 1928 and lasted for three years. A special place was selected for the tower: first of all, it is situated on the highest point of the Uralmash. Secondly, in the 1930s the tower could be seen from Ploschad Pervoy Pyatiletki (Pervoy Pyatiletki Square) – the heart of the socialist city.