In 1932, a well-known architect Sigismund Dombrovsky, who worked in Sverdlovsk then, suggested laying out a park in the Meshchanskaya Grove. In 1943, the park was named after poet Vladimir Mayakovsky, whose 50th birthday was marked then.
Before World War II, the park was a natural reserve in the city's suburb. It had only one small cinema house, a dance floor, a summer stage, a circus and several amusement rides. In the early 1940s, the park became a training ground for the motorized infantry reconnaissance battalion. Those days are reflected in a monument, which is now in the park's centre.
The park underwent massive reconstruction in the middle of the 20th century. Now it has main gates and pavilions for the administration, a railway for children and new amusement rides. In warm weather, the park hosts cuisine festivals, concerts, and in winter Father Frost has his residence there. The winter skating ring takes the area of 5,000 square metres (53,820 square feet).
- Ulitsa Michurina, 230
- free admission
- 7 (343) 221 34 18