The Museum of Gold is located in the town of Berezovsky, 12 kilometres from Ekaterinburg. The precious metal was found here in 1745 with over a thousand mines opened between then and how. Some of those mines are still working.
The museum describes the story of how gold has turned Russia's economy around in the 18th century and how the Urals dealt with the gold fever. Visitors will be able to see old tools miners used as well as modern ones, which were provided by engineers and workers from Berezovsky mining department.
- Berezovsky, Ulitsa Kommuny, 4
- from 100 rub.
- 7 (34369) 4 93 47
- Closest stops: