The puppet theatre started out as an amateur company under the aegis of the Kaliningrad Drama Theatre in 1963, and secured an official status a year later. The company moved into its own premises in 1976. The new building, formerly a Lutheran Church built in memory of Queen Louise, happens to be one of the finest in Kaliningrad. The church was designed by Friedrich Heitmann and built in 1901. Before it was handed over to the company, the building had been restored and remodelled to accommodate a 255-seat audience room.
The Puppet Theatre has entertained its audiences for a half of a century with plays by Russian, German and English authors. The current repertoire lists over 40 plays for preschool and elementary school-age children. The company tours in Russia, Belarus, Lithuania and Germany, as well as playing on its home stage. The Puppet Theatre is more than a theatre company. It is a veritable cultural centre for children, hosting children’s festivals, concerts and holiday parties.
- pr. Pobedy 1a
- From 200 rub.
- +7 (4012) 21 43 35