Kirche Neuhausen

The route takes us to the city of Guryevsk, located seven kilometers to the north-east of Kaliningrad. Until 1946, it was called Neuhausen. The local church was built in the very end of the 13th century, and then rebuilt in the Gothic style in the 14th century.

On the western side of the church there is a looming tower, the first floor of which is built from boulders. At the end of the 17th century, a new cathedra, altar and confessional were installed in the church. During the Second World War, the church suffered artillery shelling, but was restored and repurposed by the city club. After the fires of 1970-1980 the building became dilapidated and was restored only in 1993, after its transfer to the community of the New Apostolic Church.