On the way from Guryevsk to Polessk there is a very small village of Turgenevo, which used to be called Gross Legitten. The Kirche here was built in the 13th century, and after numerous reconstructions only the choirs of 1400 remain intact; All the remaining parts of the building were erected later. Boulders and bricks were used to build the church.
In the 19th century, the Baroness Jenny von Gustedt, the illegitimate daughter of Jerome Bonaparte, Napoleon's niece was buried by the walls of the temple. On the north wall of the church there is a monument to those perished in the First World War, represented by a figure of a German soldier. The Second World War did not affect to the church, but in the postwar years the building fell into disuse. In the 1990s, several people who lived in Gross Legitten back when it was still a German village raised funds for the conservation of the building. Now the church belongs to the Lutheran community of the region and religious services are held here.
- Polessky District, Turgenevo village, Ulitsa Kaliningradskaya