The international memorial cemetery north-east of the Northern Seawall was reopened after restoration in 2000. The memorial is a complex of memorial name-plates with three steel crosses, nine by seven metres, in the middle. The total weight of the crosses is two tones.
History itself picked the site of this memorial. This is where Nazi soldiers and Eastern Prussia civilians killed in the first months of 1945 were buried, as well as POWs from the member nations of the anti-Nazi alliance. According to German archives, over 3,500 bodies have been identified. Their names are immortalized on the name-plates. Another 1300 victims of the war, whose bodies were found in and around Baltiysk, have been interred at the cemetery since 1997.
- North-east of the Northern Seawall, Baltiysk