The Friedland Gate is a young museum. It was established in 2002. It is housed in a fortification that used to be part of Konigsberg’s defense ring. The Friedland Gate was built in 1862 presumably based on the design of German architect Friedrich Stuler. The gate’s façade is decorated with two sculptures of Teutonic Order rulers. The museum’s collection is dedicated to Konigsberg’s everyday life, mostly of the pre-war period. The Friedland Gate offers a possibility to make a virtual tour along the streets of the East Prussian capital with the help of ‘animated’ old photographs.
Ulitsa Dzerzhinskogo, 30
200 rub for adults; 100 rub discounted entrance; 30 rubles for children