In the same legend, Khan’s daughter Tuibike once fell ill. Sakhab Gabdrahman rammed his walking cane into the ground, and a water spring appeared, while the walking cane became a birch. The sakhab made a switch from its twigs. Using water from the spring, he gave Tuibike a shvitz and cured her. The Khan thanked Gabdrahman by converting to Islam.
This well was first described in 1769 by members of a St. Petersburg scientific expedition. The well was then named in honour of Nikolai Rychkov, the son Piotr Rychkov, the historian. They found bog iron ore and saltpetre in the well. The well officially became a landmark in 1980. That was when the observation decks, picnic arbours, stairs and walkways were built.