Three thousand years ago, here was a settlement of ancient people, who, most likely were Finno-Ugric tribes. A thousand years ago, this area was already the northeastern outskirts of the city of Kazan, which appeared shortly earlier. In 1600, on the hill was founded a monastery in the name of Theodore Stratelates, and it became known as the Fyodor Hill. In 1900, the monastery became female, and after the Revolution it was closed. A market developed in that place.
In the 1980s, the Lenin memorial complex appeared on the shore. In 1992 already it was changed into the Kazan National Cultural Centre. Tourists visit here the Museum of Kazan Millennium Anniversary and see the scenic views of the water area, the Kremlin, the Kazan Family Centre and the embankment.