The Cathedral took its present shape at the end of the 19th century, when both churches were renovated. The Lower Saint Nicholas Church was actually built anew.
The Intercession Church is inside the courtyard. It is dark inside amid the majestic painted pillars. Of note are the oil murals of Vasily Turin and the carved Golgotha Cross with the figure of Crucified Christ. The Saint Nicholas Annex is better lit on account of its bigger windows. Electricity supply was set up here as far back as 1901. This is the home of the miracle-working copy of the Icon of Our Lady of Kazan, copy of the Icon of Our Lady of Tikhvin, the miracle-working Theodore Icon of the Most Holy Virgin, and the miracle-working Kuyuk Icon of Saint Nicholas of Myra of Lycia.
Closed in 1930, the Cathedral of Saint Nicholas was revived by Archbishop Hermogenes. It was ordained a cathedral in 1946, and remains a cathedral to this day.
- Ulitsa Baumana, 5
- st. Kremlevskaya
- free admission
- 7 (843) 292 36 36, 7 (843) 292 57 51