Before, the home on Pervaya Gora (today Ulitsa Ulyanova-Lenina (Ulyanova-Lenina Street)) was worthy of mention, because that is where the Ulyanov family (mother Maria Alexandrovna, five children and nanny) had lived. Here they spent nine months, from September 1888 to May 1889. The Ulyanovs rented a hallway in first floor of the lodge and two kitchens (Vladimir Ulyanov-Lenin lived in one) and a room for the nanny, on the second floor, the living room and three rooms and a closet. Lenin returned here from exile to the Kokushkino Village, where he was sent for participation in the December 4, 1887 gathering at the Kazan University.
Then it was quiet district of Kazan, overflowing with lilacs and acacias, populated mainly by commoners, officials, burghers. The Ulyanov family left it, when the future Bolsheviks leader Vladimir Ulyanov-Lenin was threatened with another arrest, the family moved to the Samara province, to an estate that they had bought.
The Lenin House Museum, created with the assistance of his brother Dmitry and sister Maria, and was opened on November 7, 1937 to mark the 20th anniversary of the October Revolution. There are not that many items here that belonged to the family, but there are a lot of authentic items of the era.
This estate is for those that want to see the life of the real city escape of the XIX century. It was once owned by the family of a nobleman, the collegiate assessor Timofey Orlov, a member of the Board of Trustees of Kazan Mariinsky gymnasium and a very socially active citizen. He and his wife Elizabeth lived here all their life. The Master's House was demolished in 1949, but the memorial wing remains
After four years of renovation, in 2015, the museum reopened to the public. There are significant changes – more space for displays, touch booths, installations, a reading room, and a well-kept garden museum.
- Ulitsa Ulyanova-Lenina, 58
- st. Ploshad Tukaya
- from 50 rub.
- 7 (843) 236 90 12