Alexander Butlerov Institute of Chemistry of Kazan Federal University

Ilnar Tukhbatov/ТАSS
A lot of chemists brought the Kazan Federal University its glory – Nikolay Zizin, Aleksander Butlerov, Vladimir Markovnikov, Alexander and Boris Arbuzov, who worked in the chemical laboratory located in the courtyard of the main university building (constructed in the 1830s by architect Mikhail Korinfsky). In 1933, the institute got its own Department of Chemistry and a separate building for the department was designed by architect Akhmed Bikchentayev and constructed in 1953.