Kazan City Duma

Egor Aleev/ТАSS
Nearly 200 years ago, the house that stood here was the home of local merchant Vasily Yevreinov. In 1833 the local government bought it for its offices. In 1842 the building was badly damaged by a fire. The government put the architect Christian Crump on the case fixing it, and Crump gave the building the look we see today. It is now houses the Kazan City Duma and the Executive Committee.