Prominent Russian artists Ilya Repin, Vasily Polenov, Valentin Serov, Konstantin Korovin, and Mikhail Vrubel began to regularly visit Abramtsevo and stay here as guests. Elizaveta Mamontova had opened a woodworking and ceramic studios for the guests. The artists took active part in the development of the estate park. Architect Pavel Samarin, using the sketches by Polenov and Viktor Vasnetsov, had built the famous Church of the Holy Mandylion, and Vasnetsov also designed the wooden "Hut on Stilts" – both of these buildings are the essential examples of Russian Art Nouveau. Ceramic tiles produced in the studio under Vrubel's management can be found throughout the estate, and Vrubel's majolica was used to decorate the famous bench that was built by the artist on the riverbank.
The estate's creative life, which had played an essential role in shaping the "neo-Russian style," had continued until the revolution of 1917, when it was nationalized and turned into the museum.
- Moscow Region, Sergiyevo-Posadsky Municipal District, Khotkovo Municipal Settlement, Abramtsevo Village, Ulitsa Muzeynaya, 1
- st. Komsomolskaya
- from 60 rub.
- 7 (496) 543 24 70, 7 (916) 278 45 42
- Closest stops:
- Khotkovo, Abramtsevo