Petrovsko-Razumovskoye

Alexander Zelikov / TASS
This magnificent estate in northern Moscow had at different times belonged to the boyar families of Shuysky and Naryshkin, and later – to Count Kirill Razumovsky, who completed construction of the expressive palace-and-park ensemble in the 18th century. Later, the estate fell into the hands of Prince Yuri Dolgorukov, and then was bought by Prince Gorchakov. Years later, the lands with the mansion and the park were purchased by the prominent Moscow pharmacist Pavel von Schultz.

The new owner bequeathed the lands "for the foundation of the Institute of Agriculture, a farm and other agricultural establishments," and in 1865, Petrovskaya Agriculture and Forestry Academy was opened here. Today it is called Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy. Architect Nicholas Benois, who designed Peterhof, was commissioned to design a complex of buildings for the students of the Academy.