In 1855, the estate was owned by Arkady Stolypin, and another young man who proved to be very important to Russia, the future statesman Pyotr Stolypin, had spent many of his school vacations here. In 1869, the estate was purchased by merchant Ivan Firsanov. His daughter Vera was often visited by opera singer Feodor Chaliapin, composer Sergei Rachmaninoff, artist Valentin Serov, and architect Konstantin Yuon, who even purchased a part of Firsanova's estate to build his studio here.
After the revolution of 1917, the estate was nationalized and was moved between different ministries and government agencies. For a while it even housed a sanatorium for nervous diseases and a sanatorium for people with tuberculosis. Today the estate is overseen by the Lermontov Legacy foundation. The Neoclassical house with a gazebo, the stables and the manege, the annexes and the Temple of Saint Alexey, along with the strikingly beautiful park are often filmed for the period dramas.
- Moscow Region, Solnechnogorsky District, Sanatoriya Mtsyri Settlement
- st. Komsomolskaya
- from 30 rub.
- 7 (925) 010 62 40
- Closest stops: