After Golitsyn, the estate was owned by different industrialists who dreamt of building factories here. In the late 18th century, the land was given to the major-general Sergey Menshikov, the grandson of Alexander Menshikov, a close associate of Peter the Great. Under Menshikov, a Neoclassical palace was built at Cheryomushki, and a large park was laid out. Although the estate was beautiful, the owner had little interest in it, and visited the place rarely. There were rarely any guests at the house, which is why the contemporaries left no recollections of this place. In 1880, the house sold to the merchant Vasily Yakunchikov.
In the beginning of the 20th century, the estate underwent a top-to-buttom reconstruction overseen by architect Ivan Zholtovsky, who later became a prominent architect of the Stalin Empire style. Soon after the revolution of 1917, the house was given to the Institute of Theoretical and Experimental Physics, which remains there to this day.
- Ulitsa Bolshaya Cheryomushkinskaya, 25 and 28
- st. Akademicheskaya, Profsoyuznaya