House of the Medical and Philanthropic Society

Alexander Zelikov/TASS
The House of the Medical and Philanthropic Society was built in 1912 by architect Ivan German. Inside the house was a large hall for public meetings and housing for elderly medics. The building was reconstructed in 1940. Among the building's residents were the literary critic Dmitry Blagoy and historian Nikolai Gratsiansky.