Milyutinsky Garden

Alexander Zelikov/TASS
This small and cozy garden used to be a secluded garden-square owned by the Land Surveying Office. This organization was responsible for issuing records on land and real estate. In 1917, the garden was made public, and in the beginning of the 1930s it was named in honour of the Soviet statesman Vladimir Milyutin. Dances were organized, movies were shown, and theatrical performances were given. In 1936, the garden was given over to the children. A number of children's clubs had opened on the premises, and playgrounds were erected. This is how it remains to this day.