Residential House of the Kuybyshev Military Engineering Academy

Alexander Zelikov/TASS
This is one of the better known buildings in the eastern part of the Boulevard Ring. This building has been depicted in many films, such as the Pokrovsky Gates and The Cold Summer of 1953. The first building was designed by Ilya Golosov and was built in 1937 in place of the former garden square. The second building came up in 1941, right before the war, which is why the building's exterior decoration was never completed. The allegorical sculptures by Alexey Zelensky, which made the building so famous, personify agriculture (woman with a rifle and a sickle) and industry (man with a book and a hammer drill). The building was designed for the employees of the Kuybyshev Military Engineering Academy, and today it is still a residential house.