Bocharov's Tenement House

Nikolay Galkin/ТАSS
Legend has it that the outstanding Russian architect Lev Kekushev built this house in 1902 for himself, which is why originally the building's facade was decorated with a giant figure of a lion. But in the end the building was bought by Bocharov brothers who organized a tenement house here. Despite its prosaic function, this is one of the boulevard's most stately buildings. The facade is decorated with stucco in form of Egyptian male masks and the sculptures of owls, which seem to carry the ledges of bay windows on their outstretched wings. Despite the later additions, the building's facade has been preserved with minimal changes to our day. The spacious apartments that were once meant for the wealthy tenants are now occupied by Rostec Corporation.