P. P. Khrushchev – A. A. Kotlyarev City Manor

In the 1870s, this humble three-storey building housed a revolutionary private high school for girls, which was the first in the country to teach the girls the full course of the classical boys' grammar school. The two-storey building in the courtyard keeps the memory of Moscow's literary history. In 1910, this was the meeting place of the Symbolist poetry society "Musaget," headed by Andrei Bely. Leonid Andreyev, Konstantin Balmont, Ivan Bunin, and Igor Severyanin frequented this house. It was here that Alexander Blok gave his first Moscow reading of The Lady Unknown on November 2, 1910.