Zhirkost Trust Cooperative House

Aleksander Zelikov/TASS
The house was designed by architect P. Kuchnistov, and construction was completed in 1928. Today the building houses the Moscow City Duma (regional parliament), and back then it was owned by the Zhirkost Trust, which incorporated the famous cosmetic and perfumery factory Novaya Zarya. Between 1940 and 1972, it was home to the family of actors Maria Mironova and Alexander Menaker, and in 1992, a base relief in honour of their son, the Soviet movie and theatre star Andrei Mironov, was hung on the building's facade.