Narkomzem Building/People's Commissariat for Agriculture Building

Aleksander Zelikov/TASS
The building of the People's Commissariat for Agriculture, which takes up a whole city block, was completed in 1933. It was designed by a group of prominent architects – Alexey Shchusev, Dmitry Bulgakov, Isidore Frantsuz, Yakov Kornfeld, and Alexander Grinberg. All kinds of novelties were used in the course of this colossal building's construction. One of them were the constantly moving paternoster elevators without doors, which remain operational to this day. Today the building is occupied by the Russian Federation Ministry of Agriculture.