Novoryazanskaya Street Garage

Aleksander Zelikov/TASS
This building was constructed by architect Konstantin Melnikov in 1929. By that time he had already built the famous Bakhmetevsky Bus Garage and registered the "single-pass" system of transport delivery, which enabled the movement of buses without reverse gear. Melnikov was rightfully proud of his system that was convenient for large numbers of cars. To get into the semi-circle garage at Ulitsa Novoryazanskaya (Novoryazanskaya Street), the trucks drove into the building's abutting ends, and went out of the garage by driving through the building's center. Repair workshops were located next to the exits. The steel structures of the roof were designed by the great engineer and inventor Vladimir Shukhov. Today the garage is still operational, and houses a bus park.