Another eclectic masterpiece, which must not be overlooked when exploring Rostov-on-Don, Masalitina’s House was designed by a well-known architect, Grigory Vasiliev, and assumed to have been built in 1890. Its central architectural feature is the belvedere, capped by a dome with a spire, which was partially destroyed during the Second World War. The damaged parts of the belvedere and the dome have been restored.
The house used to belong to the merchant family of Masalitin before 1917. They sold confectionery, sausages and watches in separate shops on the ground floor. There is a restaurant on the ground floor now.