This beautifully preserved building once was a boarding house owned by Vladimir Chirikov, who also owned a local confectionery factory. Chirikov had asked a friend of his, the architect Leonid Eberg, to design it. The majestic building in an eclectic style was completed by 1914, taking the pride of place at Taganrogsky (now Budyonnovsky) Prospekt of Rostov-on-Don.
Chirikov targeted well-to-do tenants, so his apartments had all the modern amenities like electricity, running water and sanitation. Some apartments had as many as six or even seven rooms. During the Soviet years, members of the City Soviet lived here. Now it is the city’s police headquarters.
- Budyonnovsky Prospekt, 46