Chapel of St. Luke Voyno-Yasenetsky

Mikhail Mordasov/TASS
St. Luke’s Chapel is the only surviving pre-revolutionary religious structure in Azov. According to archives, the money to build the chapel was donated in 1912 by a local resident Mikhail Golovskoy, who transferred all of his savings, about 400 rubles, to Azov’s mayor Vissarion Myshkin. The government official drew in several wealthy city residents and a year later, in 1913, a chapel was built and consecrated.