Another example of Ukraine’s baroque, the (Military) Church of Transformation used to be a well-known place in the Don area. This is from where Cossacks left for "overseas" trips. Regiments were assembling there before marches. The sources, which are available now, say the church had been in that place from the late XVII century – wooden at first, and after 1740 a church of stone took its place.
- Starocherkasskaya Village, Ulitsa Lenina, 2B/11