The owner of one of the most concrete mansions in Taganrog Nikolay Alferaki was a descendant of a participant of the Russian-Turkish war in 1768-1774 – the Greeak Dmitry Alferaki, who settled in the Priazov region, receiving a noble title from empress Catherine the Great. His ancestors hired Andrei Shtakenshneideru to construct the house and lived there nearly 30 years – from 1848 until 1878.
In 1927 the building the building hosts the Museum of History and Regional Studies with a big collection of Paleolithic, Neolithic and Sarmatian antiquities.
- Taganrog, Ulitsa Frunze, 41
- from 20 rub.
- 7 (863) 438 33 63, 7 (863) 438 34 96