Tchaikovsky house

Valery Matytsin/TASS

The house of the famous composer’s brother, the retired navy officer Ippolit Tchaikovsky was built in 1871 upon the project of the architect Mikhail Petrov. Tchoikovsky himself lived in that mansion from 1883 until 1894. It was during that period that he hosted his famous brother Piotr. The house was partially destroyed during an earthquake, which took place in 1927, but later it was restored and currently is nearby one of the main places in Taganrog – the Stone Staircase, which unchangeably attracts the tourists attention and the city visitors by its small tower with a spire and a wind vane in the form of a sail.