Evangelical Lutheran Church of Saint Katarina

The odd-numbered side of Nevsky Prospect has long belonged to the Swedish community. The first Swedish church was built in 1769, but it was soon found too small to accommodate all parishioners. The new Evangelical Lutheran, with the capacity of 1,200 people, was built in 1865 the Romanesque Revival style by the Swedish architect Karl Anderson. The adjacent tenement house was constructed by the famed architect of St. Petersburg, Swedish national Fedor Lidval (Fredrik Lidvall), in 1904-1905.