Armenian Church of St. Catherine

Alexander Demianchuk/TASS
Across from Gostiny Dvor, on the other side of Nevsky Prospect, closer to Mikhailovskaya Street, we see the Armenian Church of St. Catherine. The church was built by Yuri Felten as a small, single-domed shrine. Building №40, which belonged to the church, is a rare example of a residential house that has not been touched by reconstruction since Pushkin’s time.

The next building, №44, which was built in 1909 by Boris Girshovich for the Siberian Trading Bank is now home to the famous Nord Confectionery.