The eleventh tower is situated on the defense line of the 138th Infantry Division of Ivan Ilyich Lyudnikov. In October 1942, the division was repositioned to Stalingrad as part of the 64th Army and immediately began to defend the Barricady factory and the settlement below it. In November the division fell into the enemy's half-ring formation with an area spanning 700 meters by 400 meters. This was later called Lyudnikov Island. For 40 days Lyudnikov's men held their position, but with significant losses. In December 1942, a counter offensive resulted in the dismantling of the blockade from the south.