Seventeenth Turret

The seventeenth turret is the final one and located in the southern part of the city in the Sovetsky region on Universitetsky Prospekt. The place where it is installed is called the Green Ring today. However, during the Battle of Stalingrad it was known as the Vitriolic Beam. In autumn 1942 there was heavy fighting here that was led by soldiers of the 64th Army.