Construction on Saint John the Baptist Church began in 1589, but the church burned down in the early 1590s. It was not until 1615 that reconstruction began, and in 1664 it was built again as a stone church and consecrated. Saint John the Baptist Church was the first stone church in Tsaritsyn.
Its top is tiled and on the railings of the right and left choirs are images of eight pagan sibyls prophesying about Jesus Christ. The images were painted on canvas with oil paint on a red base and date back to the 17th century. Saint John the Baptist Church is home to a large number of ancient icons and various church effects. The church was demolished under Soviet rule in 1932. Between 1995 and 2001 the church was restored in its historic form.
- Ulitsa Krasnoznamenskaya, 2
- st. Pionerskaya
- free admission
- 7 (8442) 38 09 55, 7 (8442) 38 52 91