The fire tower at Komsomolsky Garden was erected in 1897 to replace the previous wooden, delapidated and low building that was located in place of contemporary Volgograd State Medical University. The new, 45-metre-high (148-foot-tall) stone fire tower of Tsaritsyn gave an excellent view of the whole city. In the 1930s, the look-out tower was dismantled, but the building itself was preserved. In the 1990s, after a big fire, the building was restored, and the fire tower was built from scratch, using the old blueprints and pre-revolutionary photographs.
- Ulitsa Kommunisticheskaya, 5
- st. Komsomolskaya